Complete In-House Plastic Injection Mold Tooling Solutions
Crescent Industries has been offering in-house injection mold tooling solutions for over 70+ years with specialization in production tool design along with comprehensive maintenance, repairs, and revisions of existing tools that ensure the life of our customers’ tools.
We our a complete full-service tool shop meaning we design, fabricate, and trial new injection molds. Our tools are manufactured domestically by journeymen mold builders using high-speed CNC mills, die-sink EDMs, and wire-EDM.
From a simple prototype tool to fully hardened production tools, our injection molding tool design matches the demands of your product to ensure that your tool will always perform with minimal wear and tear.
- In-House Full-Service Toolroom (design, fabricate, trial)
- Single-Cavity to 96+ Cavity Molds
- Documented Maintenance, Revisions, and Repair Services
- Injection Molding Tool Design for Manufacturability
- Actions, lifters, and unscrewing
- Valve-gate, hot-tip, cold-runner, 3-plate
Injection Mold Tooling Capabilities
- MUD (Master Unit Die): The choice when a “dedicated or stand alone” mold base is not required. The part, runner and gate geometry are cut into standardized inserts that fit into the frame. Review Crescent's Master Mold Frame Benefits.
- Unscrewing Molds: Used when there is a requirement for male or female threads on a plastic component
- Hot Runner System: An assembly of heated components used to inject molten plastic into the cavities of the mold.
- Action Molds: Includes mechanical action incorporated into the design when a hole, slot, undercut or thread is needed that is not perpendicular to the parting line
- Two Plate Molds: Provides one parting line and the mold splits into two halves; the sprue, runners, gates and cavities are all on the same side
- Three Plate Molds: These molds will have two parting lines and are used because of their flexibility in gating location
PROTECT YOUR PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING INVESTMENT
Once a mold has run a set number of cycles; inspections, maintenance and cleaning should be performed. Different types of molds age at different rates, so scheduling maintenance needs to be documented carefully. Our knowledge and experience gives us the ability to determine the best mold maintenance schedule specific to each injection mold.
Injection mold repairs can be costly. This means it is critically important for injection molds to receive regular maintenance; this is simply the best way to protect your investment and maintain consistent production of quality plastic components. With our on-site tooling facility we provide quick and efficient mold repairs or revisions.
Injection Mold Transfer Simplified
Sometimes it’s a necessary but difficult decision to transfer your injection molds to another vendor to run production. We want to make this transition as easy and hassle-free as possible. We follow a documented tool transfer procedure which includes all the steps taken to ensure a smooth tool transfer and limit the loss of production time.
Crescent Industries is here for you, to manage the entire process. Our years of experience and successful injection mold transfers give you confidence that we can manufacture quality products and avoid supply chain disruptions. Don't wait, learn now!
Simple & Complex Solutions
Injection mold building, maintenance, repair, and modifications requires a combination of technology, equipment, and highly-skilled mold builders to produce injection molds faster with nearly limitless geometry for the plastic components. We offer various solutions for your injection mold tooling needs.
Our experience has taught us how to build and maintain the highest quality molds to ensure the production of the highest quality components.
To be your committed manufacturing solution, our team can support every aspect of your custom injection molding and business needs. Our Project Management Office (PMO) manages new high-quality injection mold build and injection mold transfers. They examine the entire scope of your project, timeline & cost management, design & development and overall integration with your engineering team.
Essentially, you receive a dedicated team of professionals that collaborates, communicates, coordinates and executes. In addition, we have dedicated R&D injection molding machines to aid in initial sampling and validation to accelerate all phases of your project and transition into full production.
Overmolding has developed into a rather standard process in the field of injection molding. We all enjoy the lightweight, durability, look and feel of modern plastics. Overmolding is basically the process of injection molding two different plastics, one on top of or around the other. This results in a single structure that is strong and rigid on the inside yet flexible, colorful and easy to hold on the outside.
The advantage of Family-Molding is that the tooling costs decrease and part prices become lower verses a single-cavity tool. However, family tools can be challenging and difficult due to the natural imbalance of material flow in the cavities. Our Engineers have mastered this process ensuring optimal results.